1. World Ahlul Bayt Islamic League (WABIL) congratulates the Infallible Imam of our time, Al-Mahdi (AS) and all believers on the upcoming Eid Al-Fitr celebrations.
2. We request all of our brothers and sisters to practice the principles of Eid by first and foremost attending to the needs of those who are less fortunate, especially children and women in deprived local communities and other regions. The real Eid is when we share it with those who are in need, for the followers of the Ahlul Bayt (as) are members of one family. Making just one believer happy makes the Ahlul Bayt (as) happy, and that in turn brings the approval and pleasure of the Prophet Muhammad (sawa) and Allah the Almighty.
3. We pray that momineen compete with each other in making the poor people joyous and participate in Eid celebrations in their areas, villages, among their relatives, and anywhere else that is possible. This kind of healthy competition will allow blessings to descend upon us.
4. We also remind everyone about Zakah of Fitr, in order to complete your month’s worship, equal to the amount of 3 kg of food, per person. Your local mosques may be consulted for the monetary value of this amount. We pray that the sum reaches its deserved recipients in time to allow them and their children to also celebrate.
5. WABIL would like to remind everyone, that in the holy month of Ramadhan, you were the guest of Allah, restraining and exerting yourselves, purifying yourselves, and developing an enhanced sense of worship. We encourage you to now carry this same spirit of worship and piety throughout the coming months, so that every month becomes a repeat of the exerted efforts of the month of Ramadhan. This will allow us to attain wonderful closeness to Allah.
6. Finally, please remember that celebrations should never be excessive, material, nor in contravention of the Shariah: our spirit of celebration should be adorned with prayers, supplications, greetings, and sharing, all within the bounds of lawful food, decency, modesty, and moderation.
May the Almighty accept our worship, and may He bless all believers.
Sayed Mohammad Al-Musawi
World Ahlul Bayt Islamic League (WABIL)